Family Chowder Foundation fights for families
by “serving” free or low cost respite and resources
throughout Greater Cleveland
and to anyone who has access to the internet.
GROUP RESPITE ACTIVITIES
Provided at no charge. We work with other organizations, churches, and families. When a family is experiencing a crisis, or day to day stress, the ability to handle even the simplest task can get challenging. Occasional respite is important to allow a chance to rest, regroup, and regenerate. Activities include a “theme” to tie in your message and a family relationship building skill into the activity. Fun with a purpose, and food!
- Family fun – up to 8 families of all ages from newborn to the great, greats
- Play and create – hands on and age appropriate. Customized to the interests of your group.
- Couples Date Night – up to 10 couples
- Ace of Hearts – poker night with prizes, chocolate fountain (leave your cash at home)
- Game night – board games and great food
- Build your Village – up to 20 moms, dads, caregiver
- Embrace your Inner Queen- learn about modern day queens and celebrate your queen qualities. Create a personalized plaque commemorating your royal status.
- Pizza and Poker – Guys night out (leave cash at home)
- Have an idea for fun activity? We will work with you!
Gift bags distributed at random to family leaders or other family members. Each bag might contain a small gift along with an inspirational quote meant to provide a brief respite and encouragement. Everyone needs a little random recognition once in a while.
Through the Family Chowder’s Blog, social media, and Family Chowder’s Resource page, we connect families to free or low cost family education and help, anytime, anyplace. By having access online at any time, the time constraint is removed. We are in the very early stages of growing our on-line library. However, there are hundreds of companies and agencies that provide great videos for families, knowing that they can be accessed where ever, whenever. There are also many organizations that offer free or low cost classes and programs to help families. These programs are a great way to build your network and share experiences. We will be updating the resource links and passing these along on through social media.